Wednesday

"Buhari Is Mad" Kanu Fumes


"Buhari Is Mad" Kanu Fumes



"Buhari is mad. There’ll be no Nigeria again by the time I finish my testimony," Kanu fumes .
.
Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), says Nigeria will collapse when he gives his testimony in court. Kanu, who spoke from the dock, said this in protest of Justice Binta Nyako’s decision to shield witnesses that would testify against him at her court.
.
.
Justice Nyako who held that names of all the prosecution witnesses who are mostly security operatives, would not be disclosed in any record of the court proceedings also said that the witnesses would be allowed to testify against the defendants behind a screen that would be provided by the court. .
.
Justice Nyako however stressed that both the defendants and their counsel would be allowed to see the witnesses who she said would enter and exit the courtroom through a special door. .
.
However, Kanu immediately rejected the court ruling, insisting that it was against the tenets of Justice and fair hearing. “I won’t stand this travesty of Justice. Buhari spoke in public, he accused me in public. I must also be allowed to stand my trial in public”, Kanu bellowed from the dock. .
.
“This is nonsense! I will give testimony before this court! By the time I finish, there will be no Nigeria. This is no Sharia court. It is a court that operates under the common law. There will be no screening of witnesses, no fake identities or fake addresses. .
.
I cannot be tried in secret. No! Nnamdi Kanu cannot be jailed in secret! They are mad. Why must I be tried in secrecy by a government that does not obey court orders. They are killing my people in public, after killing my people they want to try me in private? That person is mad. I won’t allow it," Kanu fumed.











No comments:

Comments System

Disqus Shortname